|Thorner Parish Centre, Reg Charity 1136900|
|Book Online||Map||Terms & Conditions||100 Club|
|This historic landmark in the village of Thorner, nestles in the shadow of St Peter's Parish Church. It is known as the Parish Centre, and is a fine Village Hall used by the local community. Founded as a school in 1851, the original trustees were commissioned to provide for the education and moral well-being of the whole village community.
In 1979, when it was replaced by a new Church of England school, the 'Old School' became a community facility. It soon established itself as a popular meeting place for countless organisations.
The Summer of 2009 saw a transformation take place. Modern cloakroom and kitchen facilities were fitted; an efficient heating and lighting system installed; storage areas were rationalised and provision was made for disabled visitors. In short, it was drawn into the twenty-first century. Thorner Parish Centre has long been considered by the local population to be a building of character; a link with the past and ideal in size for small events.
Is it possible we might be ideal for your function? The large hall accommodates 100 (70 if seated at tables of 4); the small meeting room comfortably offers space for 40 visitors, fewer if seated. The renovated building was officially opened on Saturday, 31 October 2009.
There is an off road car park immediately behind the Parish Centre.
The Main Hall
The Small Meeting Room
|Newly Refurbished Kitchen
||The Parish Centre
|TOP OF HOME PAGE|